CONCRETE COUNTERTOP PROCESS
Whether you are remodeling, building a new home, or updating your commercial space, here is what you can expect when you order concrete countertops from Stamping Ground Studios (SGS).
- Preliminary meeting
- At this meeting, we will discuss the color options (virtually unlimited) and different finishes available. If you donít see a color that fits your needs, we have the ability to customize.
- SGS will call you with an estimate for the project in 2-3 business days.
- When you accept the verbal proposal, we will email a written proposal for the work to be completed.
- Second meeting
- Both parties sign the proposal.
- A 50% deposit is required and the remainder of invoice is due upon installation.
- Discuss the final details of color, finish and any other details to be integrated into your new concrete countertop. (This is when it starts to get exciting)
- SGS will then template your countertops or set up another appointment to template. We leave this up to your discretion and make sure it fits into your schedule.
- A timeline is set up for when the project needs to be completed and installed. You (client) need to have your new sink and faucet picked out. The templates for both of them need to be available within 5 days. If you donít have the sink or faucet in your possession, the templates should be available online from the manufacturer.
- Pigments (color) and any other detail items not in stock will be ordered. This usually takesfive to ten business days. Rush orders are available but will cost extra.
- Fabrication (By this time, we need to have the sink and faucet templates)
- SGS will begin building the molds (per the template) for your concrete countertops.
- Depending on the complexity of design, the mold making takes anywhere from 2-7 days.
- At this point, there are no changes that can be made.
- Pouring and curing
- Countertops are poured in our shop. This process will take one day.
- Countertops are now covered and will cure for 4 days.
- After the 4 day curing period, countertop molds will be stripped and we are ready for the finishing touches. Depending on what finish you choose, this will take 1-3 days.
- Countertops are now sealed with 7 coats of penetrating sealer.
- Wax is applied and we are ready to install your one-of-a-kind countertops.
- Installation date will be set up, if it hasnít been already.
- Install will take 1-2 days, depending on complexity of job and access.
- Expect 3-4 weeks from the time we template to time of installation.